青の6号: Story Timeline
This timeline is NOT official. It is based on my intepretations and a compilation of the available information on the BS6 universe. The timeline also attempts to integrate the canonical events that occured during both the BS6: Antarctica & BS6: Time & Tide games.
→ Event occurs in the OVA
→ Event occurs in the Time & Tide DC game
→ Event occurs in the Antarctica PS1 game
2020 – 2050
- World population exceeds 8 billion; deforestation and extreme temperature fluctuations increase in frequency
- Formation of Project Blue by the U.N. to research in environmental preservation and aquatic food production.
- Widespread starvation and civil unrest in third world nations. Ecosystem in danger of collapse.
- Discovery of water-based electromagnetic propulsion system.
- Construction of Stream Base research facility in Antarctica.
- ‘Chimera’ cell combination procedure is perfected by Dr. Jung Zorndyke.
- Zorndyke’s family is murdered in an ethnic uprising in Albania.
Zorndyke takes control of Stream Base, and launches all of the facility’s nuclear warheads at the Antarctic ice. As a result, the sea levels rose over 70 meters, flooding all coastal cities. 9 billion people are killed by his act of genocide.
Individual nations scramble to restore order and government. Massive ‘ocean’ cities are constructed throughout the world.
Project Blue’s Fleet division becomes a dedicated peacekeeping force, and is renamed Blue Fleet.
The first interspecies war begins.
- Blue Submarine No. 10 Captain James Bayard turns rogue and wages war on Shin Sekai City, his home city. He renames his submarine as the ‘X’, and seeks to topple the SSK government, whom he has regarded as corrupt and oppressive.
- Bayard’s rebellion is crushed by SSK forces and Blue Fleet. Bayard and the ‘X’ go missing and are presumed dead.
- Successful completion of Grampus research project
2051 – 2054
- Tetsu Hayami & Katsuma Nonaka go AWOL with a stolen Grampus, in an attempt to meet Zorndyke. They are intercepted by Chimeran forces and their Grampus is shot down. Hayami manages to escape, while Katsuma is MIA and presumed dead.
- Hayami is rescued. He is expelled from Blue Fleet after serving 6-months detention as punishment
- Hayami becomes a freelance salvager, taking projects in East Sepik & Irina Jaya
- Hayami arrives at Shin Sekai City for new salvaging opportunities
- Blue Fleet Intelligence officer ‘Flamingo’ (Yang Chung Ying) is sent to SSK city to tap on Hayami’s salvaging skills, in the attempt to retrieve the location of ‘Granova’.
- Blue 6 arrives at Shin Sekai City for undisclosed official business with the city government.
- Governor Cox is found dead in his office. The Ghost-Ship attacks Shin Sekai City shortly afterwards.
- Blue 6 does battle with the Ghost-Ship. They are joined by Bayard and the revived ‘X’, who declares war on both.
- Bayard and his ship are destroyed in a suicide run against the Ghost Ship. The Ghost Ship, though severely damaged, manages to escape. Blue 6 survives.
- Hayami returns to Japan and continues his salvaging job.
- Zorndyke initiates the magnetic pole-shift procedure. Van Allen Radiation belt deterioration begins to take effect, and Mankind’s extinction is imminent unless the pole shift is stopped.
- Grampus Pilots Kino Mayumi, Estella Bloom, Jonald Zagalo, Rin Sagami & Andrei Moldova are assigned to Blue 6 as Grampus Pilots. Training missions begin.
- The decision is made by Blue Fleet HQ to initiate plans for the largest coordinated strike on Stream Base, to stop the Pole Shift operation and defeat the Chimeran forces.
- Blue Fleet HQ calls for an emergency joint meeting at Blue Dome, to be attended by the entire Blue Fleet Submarine force.
(OVA Episode 1: Blues period)
- Blue 6 makes a stop at Tokyo Base for refuelling. Captain Iga orders Kino Mayumi & Sidra Deidson to persuade Tetsu Hayami to rejoin Blue Fleet for Operation Hammer.
- Tokyo Base is attacked by a force of Umigumos and a Musuca. Blue Submarine No. 6, with the help of a Narushio Class Sub, successfully defeat the Chimeran attack force. Hayami spares the life of a Chimeran he defeated, and unofficially rejoins Blue Fleet.
- The Ghost Ship appears for the first time since its defeat at SSK City a year earlier, and destroys Tokyo Base. Blue 6 manages to escape.
(OVA Episode 2: Pilots period)
- Blue Submarine No. 6 receives a distress call from a civilian freighter enroute to Blue Dome, and it is revealed to be a crafty trap. The submarine survives the ambush.
- Blue 6 assists Blue 1 after it comes under heavy attack by Chimeran forces. They defeat the Chimeran forces easily.
- Blue 6 docks at Blue Dome, and the briefing for the joint-strike operation begins. Zorndyke interrupts the meeting via hacking the broadcast network line.
- Katsuma and Juju, a psychic Grampus pilot, are transferred to Blue 6.
- Blue Dome is destroyed in a surprise attack by Chimeran Forces. All Blue Fleet submarines manage to escape, but only 5 submarines (Blue No. 3, 6, 7, 8 and 1) are left combat capable. Hayami is separated from the rest of the fleet and is rescued by Mutio, the Chimeran whom he saved at Tokyo Base.
(OVA Episode 3: Hearts period)
- Blue 6 successfully repels another Chimeran attack enroute to Sub Zero’s retrieval point. Gigas A destroyed.
- Sub Zero is successfully acquired, and the Pacific attack force proceeds towards Antarctica.
- Hayami is rescued by Kino and reunites with Blue 6.
- Blue 6 comes under attack from two high speed torpedo ships, piloted by Mutios. The Grampus team manages to destroy them both.
(OVA Episode 4: Minasoko period)
- Hayami frees Katsuma and heads to Antarctica with Kino, in an attempt to negotiate with Zorndyke.
- The largest naval battle between Chimera and Blue Fleet takes place in the Antarctic Ocean. Blue 1, 7 and 8 are destroyed, along with majority of the Chimeran Musuca fleet.
- Blue 6 severely damages the Ghost Ship after outwitting it, and the flagship is rendered immobile permanently. Badly wrecked, it sinks to the bottom of the ocean floor. Verg and Mutio manage to escape.
- Gigas B destroyed by Blue 6’s Grampus team after it attempts to interrupt the nuclear launch countdown.
- Zorndyke is killed by Hayami and the nuclear strike is aborted. The interspecies war comes to an end.
- Hayami is attacked by Verg and is badly wounded. He however manages to convince the Chimeran to accept peace. They depart towards the ocean with their creator’s body for mourning.
- A rogue contingent of Chimerans led by Marcello refuse to accept peace and attempt to seize control of Sub Zero, with the intention of using its nuclear payload to accelerate the PSD.
- Blue 6 and its Grampus team race towards the location of the wrecked Ghost Ship, the place where Sub Zero was abandoned.
- In an unexpected turn of events, the Ghost Ship cripples Marcello’s flagship, allowing Blue 6 and the Grampus team to destroy it. The shockwaves from the exploding flagship causes the wrecked Ghost-Ship to slide into an abyssal trench forever.
- Victorious once again, Blue 6 heads home.